Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
great ShoeGaze albums of all time...
Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vista7@hotmail.com
338 posts

great ShoeGaze albums of all time...

I start w/:

All the Cocteau Twins records; they helped form the movement..

Lush: Gala; Spooky

Pale Saints: In Ribbons

My Bloody Valentine: Loveless

Macha: all their stuff; have to dig hard to find; local Athens, Ga band

please fill me in on what I missed; I exclude Curve and Ride b/c I thought they didn't have full albums that were great; love to hear what I missed...

also ran: Smashing Pumpkins: Gish; a few great gaze songs there.

things went bad for this genre; the Lush drummer hung himself and Liz Frazier from Cocteau went nuts; Pale Saints fizzled trying to get a major record deal. A great genre gone dead.

May 16, 2009, 04:07

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vista7@hotmail.com
338 posts

Re: great ShoeGaze albums of all time...

people out there; listen to Pale Saints - In Ribbons; quite amazing; I cannot believe this band fizzled after this - it is so amazing...

May 16, 2009, 04:09

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

haha, everyone knows that album is one of my faves, but yeah here I am repeating it again.

May 16, 2009, 05:06

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Any list of greatest shoegaze albums must include Slowdive's "Souvlaki" !

May 16, 2009, 12:41

lique
lique
517 posts

that's what happens if you stare at your shoes all the time.

May 16, 2009, 12:42

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Dude, the first 2 Ride albums are magnificent! The second one doesn't really sound shoegazey but the songs and melodies are top notch. OX4 is one of the best songs EVER. Please revisit it! :)

May 16, 2009, 13:32

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

vista7@hotmail.com wrote:
please fill me in on what I missed; I exclude Curve and Ride b/c I thought they didn't have full albums that were great; love to hear what I missed...

I really loved Curve for a long while, not really having any songs I can think of that I didn't like from them (well, Missing Link was a bit much at times).

I think my favorite albums were probably Cuckoo, Doppleganger, and Come Clean.

May 16, 2009, 17:44

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Macha?

i wouldn't consider them shoe gaze...

Slowdive i really liked.

May 16, 2009, 18:24

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

Alpinisms - School of Seven Bells.

May 16, 2009, 21:47

rufus
rufus
82 posts

I take it UK bands are all that count?

1. My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
2. Swervedriver - Raise

That's about it as far as great goes

May 17, 2009, 02:05

Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index