Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
great ShoeGaze albums of all time...
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Re: OMG

Accepted! It's more shoegazey than the LP version, you've gotta admit that :)

May 17, 2009, 22:25

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: great ShoeGaze albums of all time...

In fact , I'm having trouble reconciling any of this music with shoegazing.

May 17, 2009, 22:26

calapia
calapia
252 posts

modern stuff:

Mahogany - Connectivity
Soundpool - On High
Orange Yellow Red - (not sure they've released an album yet, but they're a pretty killer band from Bristol I believe)

May 18, 2009, 02:13

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

LOL - yes that is a great record. Unfortunately I played it into the ground. My friend keeps playing me all these new bands like Arcade Fire which I think it pretty weak. I guess I'm just getting old and like the old stuff.

May 18, 2009, 20:35

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

Thanks - I forgot that one.

May 18, 2009, 20:35

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

haven't heard any of them - definetly will be checking them out soon.

May 18, 2009, 20:37

Paulkaiju
Paulkaiju
9 posts

I've been listening to a lot of Chapterhouse, mostly the EP's.

The 12" version of "Something More" is like pure heroin.
Extremely pure to the Genre and the time.
Whirlpool is great as well.

I used to really like Moose, all their early Ep's are good.
Hell..the later Ep's are good too. They were probably the only band I didn't get to see as the US tour was cancelled.

Really less than shoegaze...the last Moose album "High Ball me" is fantastic, I listen to it quite often. "The Only man in town" is a really great song.

I made a mix CD of all Boo Radleys EP's I own and it's quite good. Even though their later albums (Post "Giant Steps")I sold (SUCK).

Anyone heard the band Secret Shine?

As far as newer, Asteroid #4 is pretty killer and cover Catherine Wheel's "I want to touch you", although a bit more Psyche than gaze although they are moreso the latter on the last tour and album.

May 19, 2009, 19:05

guero
170 posts

Is this is shoegaze?
If it is, I love this shoegazin' song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfZjzRMvRBA

May 19, 2009, 21:00

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

I should probably venture more and check some of these out. Chapterhouse had a few good songs, but I think they were sort of jumping on the bandwagon. I think the bands you list qualify; it's really not a tightly defined genre.

May 19, 2009, 22:40

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

mostly UK, but not exclusive although none come to mind at the moment.

May 19, 2009, 22:42

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index