Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
great ShoeGaze albums of all time...
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: great ShoeGaze albums of all time...

I was pretty disappointed in Pale Saints last album Slow Buildings at the time. Ian Masters' next band Spoonfed Hybrid wasn't bad, can't remember what I have, I'll have to look for it.

May 23, 2009, 02:26

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

riddler
11 posts

Really great this Luminous Orange song - is there a link to download? :)

Ian Masters recorded an excellent album under the name ESP Continent, where he sing all the songs and it?s perfect.

Hobobachang wrote:
vista7@hotmail.com wrote:
I'll have to do some research and do a "Where are they now" post :)

Ian Masters popped up guest vocalling on this song by Luminous Orange from Japan not so long ago:

http://www.last.fm/music/Luminous+Orange/_/Silver+Kiss

Check out this band's stuff, it's really brilliant :) How "labbish" is this song BTW?

http://www.last.fm/music/+noredirect/Luminous+Orange/_/Utatane+no+Hibi(l%27ecume+des+jours)

It doesn't really sound that much like Stereolab, but it kind of reminds me of how exciting I thought they sounded when I first heard them. If that makes sense. And sung in French too :)

May 24, 2009, 22:35

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

riddler wrote:

Ian Masters recorded an excellent album under the name ESP Continent, where he sing all the songs and it?s perfect.

Thanks for the tip, just found esp summer- the complete recordings. Listening now. Here's info on it:

http://www.hisnameisalive.com/smmg/store/smmg017.html

I think esp continent might be the same material, different name, I might be wrong.

May 25, 2009, 00:52

riddler
11 posts

Yes, the ESP Continent is the same as ESP Summer. I have the cd Mars is a ten, and when I listen in the computer, the media player lists as ESP Summer.

cyberpainter wrote:
riddler wrote:

Thanks for the tip, just found esp summer- the complete recordings. Listening now. Here's info on it:

http://www.hisnameisalive.com/smmg/store/smmg017.html

I think esp continent might be the same material, different name, I might be wrong.

May 25, 2009, 23:15

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Fans of MBV, Pale Saints, Jesus & Mary Chain, etc., may like this. The Legends are a side project of the main guy in the more twee-sounding Swedish bands Acid House Kings and Club 8. To my ears, they out-MBV The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, and have added dimension as well.

Aug 09, 2009, 21:15

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

Interesting; the production is a little muddy; but I will definetly have to check this band out.

Aug 10, 2009, 05:20

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

The new LP by Sweet Trip (from San Fran) sounds pretty good?
Any fans?

Sep 23, 2009, 01:27

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

c in dc wrote:
The new LP by Sweet Trip (from San Fran) sounds pretty good?
Any fans?

Ha, weird, I thought they sounded familiar, and I see I befriended them on myspace, but forgot about them. I don't think I saw them around here, but I might be mistaken. That clip is ok, nothing too exciting.

Sep 23, 2009, 08:58

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

The new Scottish band Bubblegum Lemonade is worth checking out; kind of Lush meets Jesus and Mary Chain:

Jan 28, 2010, 17:18

YZ
YZ
72 posts

What about Astrobrite and Lovesliescrushing? Lovesliescrushing, especially on later album, are so experimental they rather fall into Ambient category, but Astrobrite is a juicy even-noisier version of MBV. You would probably enjoy Astrobrite if you find most shoegaze bands too watered-down in comparison with Loveless. (by the way, any Ecstasy of Saint Theresa fans over here? "Sussurate" is excellent.)

Also, any mention of All Natural Lemon & Lime Flavors?

Jan 30, 2010, 17:08

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index