Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
great ShoeGaze albums of all time...
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

calapia
calapia
252 posts

Re: great ShoeGaze albums of all time...

All those dudes are great. I also liked IfWhen's album. Kind of like a prog shoegaze.

Jan 31, 2010, 00:46

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2139 posts

YZ wrote:
any Ecstasy of Saint Theresa fans over here? "Sussurate" is excellent

Yeah, classic album! Pistaccio Places, Ice Cream Star, Sweet Abyss, all great songs :)

What about the mighty Flying Saucer Attack?
Always loved these, so underrated, they put me in mind of a kind of collision between early Jesus & Mary Chain anad Nick Drake....

Often also they sounded like Dinosaur Jr in cave:

The noise in that clip is horrible but it's just the youtube compression, on vinyl it sounds fine to me :)

Jan 31, 2010, 03:09

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

This may be catagorized as nu-gaze, but the Daysleepers I like.

Feb 07, 2010, 16:54

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5933 posts

jauntymonty wrote:
This may be catagorized as nu-gaze, but the Daysleepers I like.

I liked that. They're copycats, but it's a good sound. Would be better if they didn't process her nice voice so much.

Feb 07, 2010, 19:17

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

cyberpainter wrote:

I liked that. They're copycats, but it's a good sound. Would be better if they didn't process her nice voice so much.

Copycats…eh…Yeah, but you know what, that’s okie dokie. I love to hear that guitar riff similar to the Cure’s.

Liz's voice is nice.

Feb 08, 2010, 21:41

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

I can't believe shoegaze is dead. Shoegaze will never die.

Feb 09, 2010, 02:44

el wanko
142 posts

I love the instructions that came with 'rural psychedelia' (ie 1st) telling you to record the whole thing so the levels were in the red and put to add another distortion layer, genius!

Feb 21, 2010, 09:44

el wanko
142 posts

Seefeel - Quique

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYWh3RAQgH4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwZUVTm8kug[/youtube]

Feb 21, 2010, 09:48

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

CAN

Flow motion.

Go with the flow, people ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cQxQLvUrLI

Feb 21, 2010, 11:33

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

A Sunny Day In Glasgow

Great contemporary shoegaze band. I think they're from Philly.

Their new mini LP is just out.

Feb 28, 2010, 20:54

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index