Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
great ShoeGaze albums of all time...
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

c in dc
c in dc
971 posts

Re: A Sunny Day In Glasgow

GaryB wrote:
Great contemporary shoegaze band. I think they're from Philly.

Their new mini LP is just out.

Thanks for the tip, Gary B; I love their song "Failure".
Speaking of Glasgow, check out Strawberry Whiplash if you get a chance (they're actually from there). Pretty cool MBV/C86/shoegaze/Lush/girl group sound. I think they kind of beat The Pains of Being Pure at Heart at their own game.

http://www.myspace.com/strawberrywhiplash

Feb 28, 2010, 23:40

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

c in d wrote:
check out Strawberry Whiplash if you get a chance (they're actually from there). Pretty cool MBV/C86/shoegaze/Lush/girl group sound. I think they kind of beat The Pains of Being Pure at Heart at their own game.

http://www.myspace.com/strawberrywhiplash

I certainly will. Thanks, C!

Mar 01, 2010, 19:44

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
1760 posts

A Sunny Day In Glasgow.

Just come across this band for the first time. New album out recently. I think I may need to pop down the shops and buy it - if these two tracks are anything to go by:

Shoegaze pop?

Aug 04, 2014, 13:56

vivakomeda
637 posts

Re: great ShoeGaze albums of all time...

Lush was the best of them.

Aug 04, 2014, 14:52

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
1640 posts

Hmm, these guys seem to have a very different style now. I guess they changed a lot of members since their early stuff. I remember being way into this song long time back:

Suddenly out the blue around the same period I heard they were playing nearby (Nice n' Sleazy's in Glasgow, although can't recall if it was a sunny day or not!). I was very excited to see them, but unfortunately the gig was rubbish :(

Aug 04, 2014, 18:10

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
1640 posts

J Shoegaze randoms

There seemed to be quite a healthy shoegaze scene coming out of Japan a few years back, aside from the excellent Luminous Orange I remember enjoying a few songs by bands I never really investigated much further, or couldn't find much more info on at the time. Here are a couple of those....a bit derivative for sure, but very good at what they were doing in recreating that sound :)

On the "shoegaze pop" tip, I also enjoyed this somewhat strange band, who as well as having a very odd name would seem to jump from shoegaze to pop to metal in the space of one song :D

Aug 04, 2014, 18:33

mikka000
892 posts

no Slowdive? Chapterhouse?

Aug 05, 2014, 09:34

vista7@hotmail.com
235 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
Lush was the best of them.

Gala and Spooky were quite good.

Aug 10, 2014, 03:28

vista7@hotmail.com
235 posts

mikka000 wrote:
no Slowdive? Chapterhouse?

I left out Slowdive. They had some great albums as well. I never really got into Chapterhouse.

Aug 10, 2014, 03:29

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index